« Home | on the brink of an adventure » 

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 

wheeee!!

Arrived in New York this morning, and my afternoon and evening were spent wandering around the city. I went a little bit crazy snapping pictures, and here's some of the highlights:

Ground Zero was pretty busy, probably because of the fact that it's the 5 year anniversary today (am I allowed to use that word here? anniversaries are usually good things...). This picture doesn't have much to do with it, besides the flag and the fact that it's right next to the WTC site, but I really like how the neighboring building is reflected in the glass and distorted by the curvature of the panes.


The boys trying to get the same shot. Thought it was cute.


The New York Stock Exchange. Yes, the rightmost small flag is the Campbells logo.


In a sea of huge square buildings, this one stood out each time I came across it from different directions. This one was the most surprising.


We stumbled across a little park with some crazy sculptures in it. I call this "tree through tube".

So, now that my day has been logged for all to see, I think I will head off to get some much needed sleep. Whoever invented red eye flights ought to be slapped.