« Home | london bridge » | across the pond » | nextfest » | uh oh... loose in nyc: » | games » | come out and play! » | various film stuff » | make do and mend » | conflux... and other weekend activities » | raaaaaainy day » 

Saturday, October 07, 2006 

more london fun

So yesterday I finally got a taste of London rain. And wind. And cheap umbrellas. We walked down to the Tate Modern, and it was nice by the time we got there, but we also looked like wet dogs from the downpour that had caught us. And I had damp feet the rest of the day because my shoes contained small puddles. The museum was nice, although it would have been way cooler if their main exhibit had been open. I guess it opens on the 10th, so I just might have to go back. They were setting it up, and it appears to consist of a lot of very tall spiral slides. And if I get to slide down these spiral slides, I think I'd be willing to walk down there in a blizzard for that. My favorite piece (other than the awesome slides) was one that is very appropriate to be posting in this blog: Salvador Dali's Lobster Telephone. I don't quite understand it, but it is really cool to slap a lobster on a telephone. Of course in a very artistic way. As you can see.

I did get a picture of the actual London Bridge yesterday, along with the ominous storm clouds on their way out. The area down by the river is still my favorite place in London.