« Home | cubes and bananas » | day 2 in new york » | wheeee!! » | on the brink of an adventure » 

Thursday, September 14, 2006 

raaaaaainy day

New York is absolutely beautiful in the rain.


And here's one just as beautiful, but in kind of the opposite way.


Had lunch at a pretty good sandwich place... probably one of the best meals I've had so far in New York. I didn't notice until looking at my picture that there was a little surveillance camera hiding in the corner.


We tromped across Central Park in the rain to catch the tram over to Roosevelt Island. Pretty quiet place, but a cool view of Manhattan.


Other stops of the day included a funny little thrift store and FAO Schwarz. Quite opposite places, but each had its own charm.

I still haven't really picked a direction for my big project of the term, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out pretty soon. Until then, I will explore and take pictures, which has been great so far.